If you, or someone in your household, is disabled or having trouble with managing personal and domestic tasks, then an aid or an adaptation might help you. Aids include stools and walking sticks. Adaptations can be a small modification to your home such as installing grab rails, and extra stair rails, through to more substantial alterations such as level access showers or an external ramp to the property. 

Homes for Life receive an annual grant from the Scottish Government to carry out adaptations in Tenants homes.  To assess your suitability for funding for an adaptation we require a report from an Occupational Therapist with a recommendation on the adaptation(s) required. 

For further advice, please contact your Community Housing Officer on 01620 829 300.